Company & Location: Foster Remodeling Solutions, Inc. - Northern VA Service Area, Headquarters: Lorton, VA
Foster Remodeling Solutions (FRS) seeks a lead carpenter in search of long term, stable employment with benefits. If you are a quality driven, professional trades person with a good work ethic and desire to perform your craft for a company that cares about its clients, its employees, and its reputation, then we would like to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who wishes to grow their skills and future with an established 38-year-old design-build firm.
- Manage assigned residential remodels from foundations to punch list. Projects including but not limited to additions, whole house remodel, in-law suites, 2nd story additions (pop-top), garages, porches, and sunrooms.
- Manage complete remodeling project including inspections, subcontractors, and support staff to ensure a smooth remodeling project and a happy client on budget every time.
- Layout and install material in all phases of construction per contract and plans.
- Meet construction deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and follow plans/blueprints and bring them to life.
- Perform carpentry labor on the project, i.e., demolition, framing, drywall, trim work, cabinetry, tile, accessories, etc.
- Schedule & manage subcontractors, inspections, and order materials for job.
- Follow company construction standards & city/county building codes.
- Establish trusting relationships with clients with clear communication throughout remodeling project.
- Maintain and enforce onsite COVID requirements as well as site protections, i.e., masks, handwashing, etc.
- Ensure job site always remains clean and safe and leave job site “broom clean” daily.
- Lead and mentor crews & apprentice carpenters.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of residential building as well as carpentry methods and techniques.
- Minimum of 10 years lead carpentry/project manager experience.
- Knowledge of city/county building code standards.
- Excellent carpentry, project management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor apprentice carpenters.
- Ability to oversee, manage & schedule subcontractors and suppliers.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter who consistently meets deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage projects in addition to performing carpentry duties.
- Physical stamina for climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Ability to lift 80lbs or more.
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver's license.
- Provide some personal tools and equipment.
- All candidates must speak fluent English to ensure safe and effective performance for remodeling projects assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Have, or previously held, a general contractors license.
- Lead Safe Certification or other industry related certifications are a plus.
- Some trade/carpentry school.
- Bi-lingual abilities are helpful, but not required.
- Background in residential electrical and plumbing.
Foster Remodeling Solutions, Inc. (FRS) is an established Northern Virginia Full-Scale Design/Build residential remodeling contractor in business for over 38 years with a proven process to guarantee our client’s Peace of Mind while achieving their remodeling dreams. We invite you to explore our website to review the work we have completed for a long list of satisfied customers. Read their testimonials and see why an investment in Foster Quality provides homeowners with rich returns. Get acquainted with our staff and learn about our unique Foster Process and Peace of Mind Package.
Foster Remodeling Solutions performs most of the work in-house and provides a 5-year warranty. FRS has a fully appointed selection center including cabinets, countertops, plumbing fixtures, lighting, flooring, and tile to provide a one-stop shopping experience as well as competitive pricing.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation- Hourly Rate $32-$40.
- Monday – Friday Work Week 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Company Training.
- Educational Assistance.
- Project performance/change order bonuses.
- Tool purchase assistance.
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave.
- Medical, dental & vision insurances with company contribution.
- Short/Long Term Disability.
- 401K + Matching.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Employee/subcontractor referral bonuses available.
Drug-Free Workplace/Background Check:
It is the policy of Foster Remodeling Solutions, Inc. to maintain a workplace free from the use and abuse of drugs and alcohol. We require that all employees participate in our Drug-Free Workplace Program and background check as a condition of employment.
Foster Remodeling Solutions (FRS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of FRS is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.